Contest Rules and Regulations
Upon submitting a photo(s), you agree to the following:
- All photos must be received within the Photo Contest time frame. The Contest starts June 7, 2017, and closes October 13, 2017 at 6:00pm PST. Photos received outside of this time frame will be automatically disqualified.
- Photos must not have been entered in previous Vancouver Trails Contests. Any photo entry that was entered in a previous Vancouver Trails Contest will automatically be disqualified.
- All photos must be hiking or camping related and have been taken in British Columbia. Entrants must provide accurate photo descriptions that includes the location or surrounding landmark within the photo. Photos without accurate descriptions and information will be disqualified.
- Photos must not be of an offensive nature, must not contain illegal acts in them, and must be inline with the values of Vancouver Trails.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree to give permission to Vancouver Trails to use the photo(s) for any purpose, such as in promotional materials, publications, displays, and on websites, without compensation to the photographer or any individuals or anything in the photo(s). Photo credit will be given where possible.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree that any person(s) in the photo(s) have provided their consent in allowing their picture to be entered into the Vancouver Trail's photo contest. Failure to obtain such consent will deem the entry ineligible.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree that you own all copyrights in the photograph. You represent and warrant that photographs have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, do not violate or infringe any copyright, moral right, trademark or other proprietary right of any person or entity, and are, together with the copyright and moral rights therein, the sole and exclusive property of the entrant.
- By submitting a photo(s), you agree to allow the photo(s) to be posted on the Vancouver Trails website and for Vancouver Trails to add such functionality that allows users to rate, leave comments, and provide any other feedback to the submitted photo(s). Vancouver Trails is NOT responsible for photos being reposted to third party websites and social media services, such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Vancouver Trails reserves the right to substitute prizes at greater or equal value should one of the prizes not be available for any reason.
- Contest winners will be selected by a judging panel based on the rules and criteria for the Vancouver Trails photo contest. Winners will be informed either by the phone number or email address they provide.
- If a winner cannot be contacted within one week (7 days) or a winner refuses the prize, the prize will be awarded to the next runner-up.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged, replaced, or transferred.
- Contest winners cannot be related to or directly associated with anyone at Vancouver Trails and must be over the age of 19 years at the time of entry.
- Contest winners are required to answer a mathematical skill testing question.
- Contest winners will be required to provide model releases and signatures for any individuals in the photo(s).
- Contestants can enter up to five (5) photos.
- To be eligible to enter, you must be a resident in Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), and have reached the age of majority in your province of residence at time of entry.
- Any photo(s) that do not meet any rules or regulations, have incomplete information, or are submitted through illegal means will be disqualified.
- Vancouver Trails does not assume any responsibility for lost photos, failure of the Internet or website, or any technical, computer, network, or communication problem preventing the entry of a photo(s).
- Vancouver Trails collects personal information for the sole purpose of the Photo Contest and will not send any additional marketing or communications to the entrant without their explicit permission to do so.
- Entrants participating in the Vancouver Trails Photo Contest acknowledge that they have read and understood the rules and regulations. Rules and regulations maybe subject to amendment.
- Vancouver Trails reserves the right to change any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
- Vancouver Trails will not communicate with contestants about the results of the photo contest
- By entering or attempting to enter the Vancouver Trails Photo Contest, each entrant and/or purported entrant agrees: (i) to release, discharge, and forever hold harmless Vancouver Trails, El Chango Media, and the Vancouver Trails Photo Contest Sponsors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and other representatives (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant's participation or attempted participation in the Vancouver Trails Photo Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest rules and acceptance and use of the prizes; and (ii) if selected as a potential Prize winner, to sign the Sponsors form(s) of declaration and release documentation in this regard before receiving his/her Prize. The Releasees will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries or for any failure of the Contest website during the Contest Period, or for any technical malfunction or other problems with, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software or for any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing, and will not be liable for any resulting injury or damage to any person or property arising from, or relating to, that person's or any other person's participation or attempted participation in the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. (iii) All winners must sign a release form.
Contact Vancouver Trails with any questions.