View Abby Grind Description | Add Comment

Chloe from Langley writes:

A great way to start your day. Nice and cool when it’s hot. My only concern is the spread out pile of rotten apples at the start of the trail. This may attract bears in the areas.

Posted: May 23, 2018 07:06:30 AM PST

JJ from surrey writes:

very nice trail. not developed yet. a bit challenge for beginner. no man-made stairs. some parts could get muddy and slippery when wet. bad smell right now at the parking to entrance. the smell wouldn't bother you after 5 minutes up. if you have kids, be careful some big unleashed, unsupervised dogs running down. they don't bite, I think, but could post a risk of pushing your kids down or scare them.

• Abby Grind photo
    • Abby Grind photo
    • Abby Grind photo

Posted: May 21, 2018 06:08:18 PM PST

Marissa from Port Coquitlam writes:

Hiked up May 17: a very well marked trail and was glad to see markers all the way up. The trail is steep and heavily inclined the entire way up and the ground is dry and slippery, so wear some decent grip shoes and be prepared that your legs will be covered in dusty dirt. The hike smells like "abbotsford" if you know what I mean haha. Overall a great workout though!

Posted: May 18, 2018 12:02:29 PM PST

Ryan from Abby writes:

Omg Yes.

Posted: February 14, 2018 05:22:41 PM PST

Dave from Abbotsford writes:

Great day up the Abby Grind. Other than some frost in the ground at the halfway point, the terrain was great — not too dry and only a few wet spots. I was alone so I got up and down a lot quicker than if I had been with someone else. It took me 40 minutes to get to the top — slow walking but steady (and at 230 lbs and 46 yrs old, I’m not in very good shape). The trip down was about 23 minutes. I started at 4:30 pm and could still see ok by the time I got to the bottom.

Posted: February 11, 2018 06:14:50 PM PST

Lisa from Abbotsford writes:

Did the hike yesterday with my 5 year old, it was tough but manageable considering she's 5 and I'm not in great shape - so I say anyone can do it, just may take longer
            Conditions are perfect no spikes needed at all, it's dry as a bone but obviously that can change if we start getting rain
            Took us about 1.5hrs up and 1 hour down
            Can't wait to do it again....without the kid

Posted: December 11, 2017 10:01:27 AM PST

Jeremy from Langley writes:

Hello,

Just did the Abby Grind yesterday and it was perfect. The below comment is wrong, it must have been posted on the wrong mountain. There is no snow or any issues with the trail. Happy hiking!

• Abby Grind photo

Posted: November 16, 2017 08:27:37 AM PST

Martin from Langley writes:

My wife and I have been up every Sunday for the last 6 weeks or so. Definitely need crampons now. I wear Salomon Spikecross shoes with steel spikes, and even with those I wiped out once and came close several other times. My wife wore slip-on Kahtoola Microspikes, and she stuck to the trail like Spidergirl. And don't be misled by the climb up... coming down safely is much trickier! We came across a party of 6 in gym sneakers who were just heading out, and within the first few hundred meters they were wiping out. I hope for their sakes they turned around. Having said that, with good footwear (and crampons!) this is, as always, an awesome workout!

Posted: November 15, 2017 08:08:56 AM PST

Ashley from Aldergrove writes:

The trail is currently close due to high fire risk.

Posted: August 31, 2017 01:01:26 PM PST

Sheri Hanson from Chilliwack writes:

How do i find out if Abby Grind trail is open to hikers? I see a comment from Aug 6th saying it was closed on that day. Thx!

Posted: August 20, 2017 11:22:47 PM PST

Sheri Hanson from Chilliwack writes:

Posted: August 20, 2017 08:31:25 PM PST

Dave from Abbotsford writes:

Note: Trail Closure. I went this morning (Aug. 6, 2017) and there was a Parks employee (?) apologizing and turning people away. Another casualty of the extreme weather, I guess.

Posted: August 6, 2017 04:17:07 PM PST

Dave from Abbotsford writes:

[Note: Bear sightings. Be careful.]
                          I hiked this yesterday (July 22, 2017) and it was great. When we got to the bottom, however, there was a big female black bear and her 2 cubs. The bear didn't seem bothered but she wandered onto the trail at one point. My buddy and I stood in the lot for some time to warn other hikers. She was a beautiful animal but it would be terrible if someone rounded the corner and startled her.

Posted: July 23, 2017 05:33:33 PM PST

Jennifer from Surrey writes:

Did the hike with a co-worker the other day. Great hike, can see some of the tulips from the top. Saw a bear and 4 cubs when leaving, think there is a den at the beginning of the trails. Cheers!

Posted: May 12, 2017 07:12:11 PM PST

Daryl Sturdy from Vancouver writes:

Went up accompanied by the Arctic Outflow. Cold with a windchill of ? given the sometimes 50 km/hour winds. The by pass trail off to the left part way up was mostly out of the wind. Beautiful sunny day with great views over the Fraser Valley. Met a fellow who mentioned that there was a bear den near the beginning of the trail. Didn't see anything.

• Abby Grind photo
                              • Abby Grind photo

Posted: January 3, 2017 05:18:15 PM PST

Kim from Mission BC writes:

I did this hike today for the first time with my dog and it was quite a steep one! I reached the viewpoint in approx 40 mins with several breaks. It has been dry lately so I ended up covered in the dry dusty dirt. All in all great work out and will definitely do it again.

Posted: August 21, 2016 06:34:13 PM PST

ORMA SADLER from ABBOTSFORD writes:

Hiked it last month, when it was dry. Definitely a grind to go up. Going down was a bit hard on my knee. When the weather is dry it can get very dusty so expect to be dirty. It would be treacherous to do this on a rainy day as it will be really slippery. Good view at the top. If you don't mind the dustiness then it is a good one.

Posted: August 15, 2016 09:46:49 PM PST

Have you hiked Abby Grind? Share your experience with us:

Comments that gratuitously attack or demean individuals or organizations are not acceptable. We reserve the right to remove comments or any other content we deem unacceptable in our sole discretion, including removing user names and profile pictures. For our full website terms and conditions including our legal guidelines for user postings and comments on www.vancouvertrails.com, please see our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.