May 26, 2021
Last Updated: Wednesday, June 8, 2021 at 9:21pm PST. With the rapid changes we are experiencing from the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be doing our best to keep you updated on various relevant closures.
British Columbia Travel Restrictions
Provincial Travel Restrictions are in-effect until June 15th. Residents are allowed to travel for recreational purposes in their Health Authority but may not travel to other health regions. The health regions are:
- The Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley (Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health areas).
- Vancouver Island (Island Health).
- Northern and Interior regions (Northern health and Interior Health).
Road checks may be set up at the following regional boundaries:
- Highway 1 in the Boston Bar area
- Highway 3 in the Manning Park area
- Highway 5 in the Old Toll Booth area
- Highway 99 in the Lillooet area
Valid essential reasons for travel must be given or drivers will be required to turnaround. Fines may be issued for anyone refusing.
These are the current closures that we are aware of that may affect access to hiking trails or other related events and activities in the region. We will update this list as information becomes available.
Several trails and parks have one-way trail routes in place to help reduce contact with other trail users. For example, Buntzen Lake has a one-way route in place in a counter-clockwise direction. This also affects access to the Diez Vistas Trail as access will now begin at the North End of the trail. Please check the maps and signage at parks and abide by these rules so we can all continue hiking safely.
- BC Parks – BC Parks has opened most Provincial Parks but Joffre Lakes Provincial Park and the Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park (Othello Tunnels) remain closed.
- Recreation Sites – Trails are open.
- Quarry Rock – The Quarry Rock Trail from Deep Cove in North Vancouver is closed indefinitely.
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge and Parking Lot – The Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is closed. This will affected several hiking trails, including Twin Falls and the Baden Powell.
Squamish, Whistler, Sea To Sky Region
- Sea to Summit Trail – Is closed.
- Joffre Lakes – Joffre Lakes Provincial Park is currently closed.
Chilliwack and East
- Othello Tunnels – Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park is currently closed.