April 8, 2021
Last Updated: Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 9:53pm PST. With the rapid changes we are experiencing from the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be doing our best to keep you updated on various relevant closures.
These are the current closures that we are aware of that may affect access to hiking trails or other related events and activities in the region. We will update this list as information becomes available.
Several trails and parks have one-way trail routes in place to help reduce contact with other trail users. For example, Buntzen Lake has a one-way route in place in a counter-clockwise direction. This also affects access to the Diez Vistas Trail as access will now begin at the North End of the trail. Please check the maps and signage at parks and abide by these rules so we can all continue hiking safely.
- BC Parks – BC Parks has opened most Provincial Parks but Joffre Lakes Provincial Park and the Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park (Othello Tunnels) remain closed.
- Recreation Sites – Trails are open.
- Quarry Rock – The Quarry Rock Trail from Deep Cove in North Vancouver is closed indefinitely.
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge and Parking Lot – The Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is closed. This will affected several hiking trails, including Twin Falls and the Baden Powell.
Squamish, Whistler, Sea To Sky Region
- Sea to Summit Trail – Is closed.
- Joffre Lakes – Joffre Lakes Provincial Park is currently closed.
Chilliwack and East
- Othello Tunnels – Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park is currently closed.